Monday, February 21, 2011

Patchwork Path and the Eric Hoffer Award for Short Prose

Two stories of mine were accepted by Patchwork Path last October for their Mother's Life anthology, planned for April 2011 release. I just learned last week that Patchwork has canceled publication of any new books. That includes Mother's Life, even though it was past the first edit and in the design phase. I inquired whether a later date was planned or, per my contract, if all rights had reverted back to me. All rights are now mine. I just wish they had made the decision before the deadline for submitting to Chicken Soup for the Soul's anthology about mothers.

I can still look forward to Chicken Soup's My Dog's Life anthology with my "Cairn Mind Meld" story about my cairn terrier. It should be available in April.

Hoffer Award
www.hofferaward.com/HAprose.html

No fee to enter. Only one entry per author.
Deadline: March 31, 2011

This contest offers $500 and anthology publication for short fiction (under 10,000 words).

No comments:

Post a Comment