Saturday, February 16, 2013

Channel your characters/Slice Magazine



Writer’s Thought for the Week: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.  ~ Plato

Talk to Your Characters

I’m not much into metaphysics, so when I listened to Diane Chamberlain’s video on channeling characters I doubted the technique would work for me. I tried it anyway. When I asked my character how she felt, she told me things about herself that I did not know. Really. I’ll be using this technique again. Listen to this short video on characters and setting and give this method a try if you write fiction.


Accepts short fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. The issue 13 reading period runs until March 1, 2013. The theme for this issue is The Unknown. Submit stories or essays up to 5,000 words.
Previously a nonpaying market, Slice now pays contributors $100 for stories and essays and $50 for poems.


No comments:

Post a Comment