Sunday, July 31, 2011

Self-Publishing considerations and Calyx Books open for submission

Writer's thought for the week: “Literature is strewn with the wreckage of those who minded beyond reason, the opinion of others.”   Virginia Woolf

Thinking of self-publishing? Here are some things to consider: http://www.terrylinks.com/getpublishednow

CALYX Books is open to submissions for book manuscripts of novels, novellas, and linked short story collections of any genre until August 31, 2011. http://www.calyxpress.org/submission.html

Submissions should include three chapters or sections (approximately 15,000 words), a table of contents (if appropriate), and a synopsis.  All manuscripts should be double-spaced and include page numbers, the manuscript title, and the author's name.  Submit a cover letter with biographic information, list of previous publications (if desired), and contact information.

Send materials to: CALYX Books
                            PO Box B
                            Corvallis, OR 97339

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Janet! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!

    Once again, I really appreciate you letting me know about publishers accepting novella submissions. I don't know where you get this information, but I am incredibly grateful. Keep it coming!

    I'm going to check out your link to CALYX Books now. I've never heard of them, so I'll be interested to see what I can learn.

    Thanks again for letting me know! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, Janet! I see that CALYX Books wants mail submissions, so I've got my envelope all ready to go tomorrow!

    Thanks again! I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete