Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All Things Come to Those Who Wait

When trying to decide "Kindle or Nook", one of the things I liked about Nook was its ability to access e-books from public libraries.  I still went with the Kindle, partly because my local library did not participate in an e-book lending program.

Today,  I saw this Associated Press announcement:

"Amazon says its Kindle e-reader will get the ability to load e-books from 11,000 U.S. public libraries later this year.

Most U.S. libraries already provide e-books, which work with nearly all e-readers except the Kindle. They're also accessible on many smartphones and tablets like the iPad.

Amazon.com Inc. says it's working with OverDrive Inc., which runs the e-book systems of public libraries to make the system compatible with the Kindle."

Maybe by the time Kindle supports e-books, my library will be ready to lend them.

Thought for the week: Talent is long patience. ~ Gustave Flaubert 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't bought a Kindle yet, but sometimes I think about writing something to e-publish just to experiment with this new marketplace.

    And thanks for becoming a follower on my blog! I really appreciate it! :)

    http://laurenspathtopub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete